- Even professional makeup artists love to buy products online instead of shopping at physical stores.
- Kelli J. Bartlett, the director of artistry at Glamsquad, likes to use a $24 lip butter by Nivea on clients like Gwyneth Paltrow and Emma Roberts.
- Celebrity makeup artist Marni Burton-Gabor has used IT Cosmetics’ “Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream” on clients like Laura Dern and Shailene Woodley.
- You can find both of these products on Amazon.
- Keep reading to get the scoop on what professional makeup artists always have in their Amazon shopping carts.
The ease and convenience of online shopping is a lifesaver. It lets us skip the store but allows us to still stock up on a slew of beauty products— from drugstore brands to high-end, luxe favorites. Even the pros love to “add to cart” instead of shop in real life for certain must-haves. Read on to get the scoop on what these celebrity makeup artists always have in their Amazon shopping carts.
1. Kelli J. Bartlett, Director of Artistry, Glamsquad: “I always buy Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss ($24) from Amazon. It brings lips back from even the worst dehydration, giving them a gorgeous, silky texture. I’ve used it on Gwyneth Paltrow and Emma Roberts.”
2. Min Min Ma, Celebrity Makeup Artist: “I buy Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches With Soothing Cornflower ($24) in bulk from Amazon. They work wonders! They de-puff under-eye dark circles and smooth the skin on my clients — even those with very sensitive skin. I especially love to use them when I do a heavy eye makeup look like a smokey eye. I put them on before foundation and concealer, do the eye makeup, and then remove the patches. This way, I have almost no clean-up to do from shadow fallout and the under-eye skin is prepped.”
3. Neil Scibelli, Celebrity Makeup Artist: “There’s not a makeup application that is complete without Fran Wilson Eye Tees Applicators ($4.99). The pointed side is great for perfecting eyeliner and the rounded side works well to clean up fallout under the eyes. I also use them after I complete the eye look to tighten things up, whether it’s a sharper cat eye or a just a more precise liner. You can even use them to smudge out shadow or liner for a sultry, lived-in look. I’ve used them most recently on Elle Macpherson.”
4. Allison Burns Cooper, Celebrity Makeup Artist: “I’ve recently used Vita Liberata Trystal Mineral Self Tan Bronzing Minerals ($49) on Taryn Manning and Kathy Hilton. I love this product because it has pure mineral coverage, instant natural bronzing, and a subtle, glowing tan effect that lasts a few days. It comes with a great kabuki brush.”
5. Ashley Gomila, Celebrity Makeup Artist: “The ArtNaturals Konjac Facial Sponge Set ($9.95) gently exfoliates and deep cleans the skin, perfectly prepping it for a smooth, flawless foundation application. It’s been a staple in my makeup kit — I’ve used it on Rose McGowan and Zara Larsson recently — and I order them often to use on my clients prior to red carpets, premieres, and events.
6. Marni Burton-Gabor, Celebrity Makeup Artist: “I buy IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream ($52.48) from Amazon. The universal shade is flattering for every skin tone. It’s also extremely blendable and the formula has amazing staying power. It covers the skin for the entire day, counteracting redness and concealing it as if you color-corrected with neutralizing green concealer. I always use this on Laura Dern and Shailene Woodley.”